Category Archives for "Patreon posts"

New belt tighteners ++

I got a few hours in today as well. 

Today I focused on belt tighteners, since I now have room for them, after the rework I did yesterday. They are inspired by what I recalled about the tighteners for the Voron V0 Nema14 stepper motors since I liked that solution.

I also did other smaller fixes after the resizing of the printer, and I’m happy with the progress I’ve had lately. 

I hope everyone has a great day! 

Fenrir is getting beefy!

Hi all!

Got another 4-5 hours into the Fenrir design today.

Worked on issues related to the size increase I did, and also worked on structural rigidness, so the parts are getting beefy. I also added a little depth wise on the printer, to make a little more room in the back, and it also looks better in regards to the Orbiter, which is not sticking out the back anymore.

I also removed the heat inserts for the Y axis linear rails, and added a Nut bar for them as well, to make it easier to build it, and it also will make it a bit more rigid. (The Z axis linear rails already had them).

I’ll be back soon with more updates.


Fenrir updates April

Hi all! 

I’ve been working a lot on Fenrir since the last update, test printing parts, redesigning to improve on the design, etc. 

There’s still more work to do, but here are some updated renders, etc. 

After splitting up the parts, I wasn’t happy with the rigidity, so I made them a lot beefier to get it up to the rigidity I want the printer to have. I’ve also increased the size of the door heightwise. 

As you can see in the renders, I’ve got the parts in varying colors to make it easier to see the separation between parts. 

I hope you like the updates, and I’m looking forward to bringing you the Fenrir design soon. 

Thomas the MakerViking

Fenrir progress update

Hi everyone! 

I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the lack of updates in recent times. I have been working diligently behind the scenes, testing and modifying the various components of the Fenrir project.

As you may have noticed from the image above, I have decided to split the Fenrir parts into smaller, more manageable pieces. The reason for this is to make the printing process much easier for all of you. Printing large parts can be a challenge, especially when using ABS, ASA, or PC. By breaking the parts down into smaller pieces, I have been able to resolve this issue and make the printing process smoother for everyone.

Additionally, by splitting the parts, I have been able to increase the size of the printer by a few centimeters. This was needed because I had set strict constraints for myself, with the goal of ensuring that the parts would be printable on a Prusa MK3 or larger. Now, with the changes I have made, this is no longer a concern.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. I look forward to providing you with more updates soon.

Thomas the MakerViking

Fenrir update, mainboard relocation etc.

Hi everyone! 

I’ve been working on moving the mainboard to make it easier accessible and to use the available space in the back. The mainboard used to be in the bottom electronics compartment, but now it’s available behind the back lid, which is way easier to remove than the bottom lid with the feet, etc. 

Check out the images for more details. 

I’ve also done some small detail work here and there. 

The project is moving along decently but I’ve seen new stuff I want to improve all the time. Now, however, I think the next step will be to continue printing the ABS parts and hopefully not see anything else I want or need to change after that, so I can get the prototype done. 

I’m so eager to get it ready and printing, so it can be released to the world!

Thanks for your continued support, it’s highly appreciated. 

Some updated renders of Fenrir after splitting up the parts

Hi all, 

I’ve been working on splitting up the parts a bit to make them easier to print and with fewer supports. I’m almost done with that and here are some renders. Each main section has been split in two, with the smaller of the two parts for each section in the back. It makes it easier to play more with colors and contrast colors, which could be fun. 

The next step now, is to finish the service on the printer I’m printing the ABS parts on, and print these new parts. More updates to come soon, and I’ll probably finish up the design on some of the smaller projects while these parts are printing, like the Unraid server case, etc. 

Thanks for the continued support!

Thomas the MakerViking

Ps. I guess you’ve seen this, but all Patrons on Jarl, King, and Queen tiers will get some extra goodies after being a patron for 3 months, starting from the join date for new Patrons or from October 1st for existing Patrons. 

Fenrir updates and more!

Just a quick little post about the Fenrir CoreXY. I’ve been working on the design and printed more parts for it, and I’ve come to the decision to split the largest parts up a bit, to make them easier to print, so that’s what I’m currently working on.

I’m also working on a couple of other projects, both smaller Patreon projects like electronics cases for some BTT boards for larger printers like CR10, S8+, and similar, A Unraid server case, etc. which you can see a preliminary render of below: 

Fenrir updates and more! 1

More updates to come soon! 

Thanks everyone! 🙂 

Small updates to the Fenrir 3D printer hotend assembly

Hi everyone!

Some updates to the hotend assembly.
I’ve integrated the cable chain into the top part of the assembly and made slits to slide the black part into the orange part of the mount, and then a grub screw to secure everything, which should make it easy to service the hotend. 

Other than that I will continue to print the Fenrir prototype parts, and try to get it done as quickly as possible, I really want to get it done so you guys can start building it.