I’ve been working more on this project, and as it often is, it has expanded a bit.
I’ve added a place for a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W in the mainboard case, added a tool holder on the right side, where the screen used to be, added a cable mount/ strain relief for the gantry cables and a couple of other things.
So far I’ve printed the mainboard case and it fit well, and I’ll continue printing the parts in the coming days and release them to you, my dear Patrons.
Let me know if you have any thoughts. 🙂
Thomas the Makerviking
I need another printer up and running, to print the parts for Fenrir and other projects, and after upgrading this Ender 3 to direct drive, the extruder stepper motor didn’t have a long enough cable anymore. So I designed a case for relocating the Ender 3 mainboard to the back left to gain the reach I need.
Yeah, I could have just lengthened the cable, but thought this would be a fun little side project.
As you see I’ve also relocated the screen to the left side, to make sure the stock LCD cable is long enough, and I guess this could be handy for the lefties out there.
I’ll start the print today, and I’ll upload it for all my Patrons when I’ve confirmed everything works as intended. 🙂
Thomas the Makerviking
Ps. I might expand on this project later with other parts for the Ender 3.
I made a case for the DFrobot DFR0678 7″ touchscreen for the Raspberry Pi, with a Raspberry Pi case integrated, and a jointed mount for 2020 and 3030 extrusions. This will be available in a day or two for you, my dear Patrons! I hope you’ll find it useful.
So, I did a thing.
I know I’ve mainly posted the black and blue variant here and on social media, but different colors have always been in my thoughts.
The thing is, that I want everyone that builds one, to print it with the colors you want yourselves, to make it your own, and I can’t wait to see all the different color combinations you all come up with.
The design is basically finished, and I’m still printing parts and will get the rest of the filament I need in a few days.
I appreciate all the support!
The back panel, bed frame, door lip, door hinges, and filter holder/ fan guard are printed for the prototype. I’ve also done design work since the last update. Created the mentioned door hinges, the door lip, and tweaked the designs of the back panel, bottom part, and belt locks etc.
Things take more time than I think as usual, but I still feel I have good progress on the project. I’m full steam ahead, and more updates will come soon!
Did some small detail work on Fenrir today. Just made a flex plate and the keenovo heater for the bed, not really important to design, but wanted them in for renders etc. Other than that, I’ll be ordering filament today, so I can continue to print the parts for the first prototype.