I got a few hours in today as well.
Today I focused on belt tighteners, since I now have room for them, after the rework I did yesterday. They are inspired by what I recalled about the tighteners for the Voron V0 Nema14 stepper motors since I liked that solution.
I also did other smaller fixes after the resizing of the printer, and I’m happy with the progress I’ve had lately.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Got another 4-5 hours into the Fenrir design today.
Worked on issues related to the size increase I did, and also worked on structural rigidness, so the parts are getting beefy. I also added a little depth wise on the printer, to make a little more room in the back, and it also looks better in regards to the Orbiter, which is not sticking out the back anymore.
I also removed the heat inserts for the Y axis linear rails, and added a Nut bar for them as well, to make it easier to build it, and it also will make it a bit more rigid. (The Z axis linear rails already had them).
I’ll be back soon with more updates.
I’ve been working a lot on Fenrir since the last update, test printing parts, redesigning to improve on the design, etc.
There’s still more work to do, but here are some updated renders, etc.
After splitting up the parts, I wasn’t happy with the rigidity, so I made them a lot beefier to get it up to the rigidity I want the printer to have. I’ve also increased the size of the door heightwise.
As you can see in the renders, I’ve got the parts in varying colors to make it easier to see the separation between parts.
I hope you like the updates, and I’m looking forward to bringing you the Fenrir design soon.
Thomas the MakerViking