A slight delay because of covid

Hi all!

I had planned to post the Orbifly files by now, but I’ve been sick for a couple of days and I tested positive for Covid yesterday, which explains why. This has resulted in the slight delay mentioned in the title. I do expect to soon feel better again, so it won’t be long before the files are available.

Thanks,
Thomas the MakerViking

Orbifly – Direct Drive mount

Here’s an update on the Direct Drive mount I’m hereby calling Orbifly, for printers with the Ender 3 style mount. 

This mount uses the Orbiter and Phaetus Dragonfly BMO, and also has an integrated Pinda probe v2 mount.

I plan to make a version for both Orbiter 1.5 and 2.0.

I will be releasing the files in a few days to all Patreon tiers.

Thomas the MakerViking

Orbiter + Phaetus Dragonfly BMO – Direct Drive mount

Hi all, 

I’m working on this Direct drive mount for the Ender 3, Pro, and other printers with a similar hotend bracket. 

This mount uses the Orbiter and Phaetus Dragonfly BMO, and also has an integrated Pinda probe mount. Hopefully, this is useful for some of you. 🙂

I plan to make a version for both Orbiter 1.5 and 2.0. 

I will be releasing the files in a few days to all Patreon tiers. 

Thanks,
Thomas the MakerViking

Phaetus Dragonfly BMS mount for MGN12 mounted on 2020 extrusion

I made this for my Twotrees Sapphire S CoreXY a while back, but I’ve now modified it to fit on an MGN12 linear rail, mounted on 2020 extrusion. 

The Dragonfly BMS mounts to the carriage, and all the fans are mounted on their own bracket that slots into place on the carriage. It makes for quick access to the hotend, with no removal of screws.  

It has two 5mm LED’s integrated on the backside, to light up the area around the nozzle. 

The fans used are a 4010 for the hotend cooling and 4010 Blower fans for the parts cooling. 

I will release both the 2020 version and Twotrees Sapphire S version to my Patrons in a few days. 

Fenrir has a new board and screen!

It’s been a while since I had a Fenrir update, but things have still happened in the background. The latest design updates are because the Mellow board I was planning to use, is no longer available. This forced me to find a new board, with the connectors on just one side, and the choice I’m going with looks like to be the BTT  SKR E3 V1.1 with a TFT35 E3 V3.0 screen since I want to run RepRap on it. 

Another thing I’ve changed is that I upgraded to the Orbiter 2.0 since it’s out. 

I’m printing the new printed parts at the moment, and hopefully will be ordering the new board, screen, and the Orbiter soon, among linear rails, etc. 

I hope you like the updates. More to come soon! 

Thomas the MakerViking

Final version of the Ender 3 mainboard relocation kit +++

Hi everyone! 

Well, it looks like I’ve finalized the project. It got a bit bigger than I originally thought (Typical me). Finishing up printing the last few parts, might be a tweak or two, but should be minor changes if any. Expect the files in a few days, available for both Warrior and Jarl Patreon levels. 

I hope you like the final result. 

It’s 6 parts:

Mainboard case with room for a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, and a buck converter.
Screen case
Tool holder
PSU support + cover
X-axis cable mount
Hemera bracket

Thanks,
Thomas the MakerViking.

Ender 3 mainboard relocation case update and more.

Hi everyone!

I’ve been working more on this project, and as it often is, it has expanded a bit. 

I’ve added a place for a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W in the mainboard case, added a tool holder on the right side, where the screen used to be, added a cable mount/ strain relief for the gantry cables and a couple of other things. 

So far I’ve printed the mainboard case and it fit well, and I’ll continue printing the parts in the coming days and release them to you, my dear Patrons. 

Let me know if you have any thoughts. 🙂

Thanks,
Thomas the Makerviking

Ender 3 mainboard relocation case

Hi all! 

I need another printer up and running, to print the parts for Fenrir and other projects, and after upgrading this Ender 3 to direct drive, the extruder stepper motor didn’t have a long enough cable anymore. So I designed a case for relocating the Ender 3 mainboard to the back left to gain the reach I need. 

Yeah, I could have just lengthened the cable, but thought this would be a fun little side project. 

As you see I’ve also relocated the screen to the left side, to make sure the stock LCD cable is long enough, and I guess this could be handy for the lefties out there. 

I’ll start the print today, and I’ll upload it for all my Patrons when I’ve confirmed everything works as intended. 🙂

Thanks,
Thomas the Makerviking

Ps. I might expand on this project later with other parts for the Ender 3.